School Group Adventure Activities
School Activity Days – Half Day, Full Days or Multi Activity Days
Adventure Activities, Team Building, Bush-craft, Outdoor Learning and More!
Nae Limits offer a wide range of adventure activities and outdoor learning for schools and youth groups. We can organise half day activities, full activity days and we have accommodation options available too. We can focus purely on adventure and can also add a team building element and educational topics to suit your groups requirements.
Why Choose Nae Limits for your School Group?
Nae Limits is one of Scotland’s most innovative and established adventure and outdoor activity centres. Having operated for over 16 years, we have won awards for our adventure activities and outdoor learning ventures. We pride ourselves on our professional and flexible approach in both organising and delivering our school activity days.
- Open All Year – We run our adventure activities and school trips all year round. Some of our fully submerged adventure activities such as canyoning and river tubing will not be available during the winter months.
- Location – We boast one of the most accessible activity centres in Scotland. Centrally located in Highland Perthshire on the A9 easily accessible from all major Scottish towns and cities. Just 20 mins from Perth and just over an hour from both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Impeccable Safety Record – Our attention to the safety of our participants is our number one priority. We have in-depth risk assessments in place that are continuously reviewed, monitored and updated. All risk assessments are available on request.
- AALA Licence – We hold an AALA Licence for all of our activities. A copy of our AALA Certificate is available here.
- Experienced and Qualified Staff – All the Nae Limits staff are employed because of their enthusiasm and friendliness, along with their skill and experience in our activities. As a standard, all staff hold first aid, swift water rescue and rafting qualifications. Nae Limits staff have child protection training and PVG disclosures.
- Centre Facilities/Equipment – At Nae Limits we have all the facilities you will need for an adventure day; Female and male heated changing rooms, toilets and communal eating areas. All of our equipment is highly maintained, regularly replaced and updated. We have a drying room onsite so you will be assured that wetsuits will be clean and dry for your group on the day.
- Reputable Centre – With our excellent centre facilities we can offer a safe and friendly environment for your activity day. Nae Limits has a reputation both locally and nationally for high standards of delivery and excellent customer service, which is reflected in our 4* accreditation from Visit Scotland. This is why we have repeat customers visiting Nae Limits time again and again.
Adventure Activities for School Groups
Primary School Groups
Rafting Challenge – Journey down the River Tay whilst participating in various physical and mental challenges, with learning along the way. This is a half day activity lasting approx 3 hours and is suitable for ages 6+
White Water Rafting – Our good old River Tay White Water Rafting trip – loved by all! This is a half day activity lasting approx 3 hours and is suitable for ages 6+
Wilderness Adventure – On this water and land adventure the group will Raft down to the forest camp where they will learn bush-craft and survival skills then enjoy some forest play with rope adventures. The Wilderness Adventure can be run as a half or full day for school groups and is suitable for age 5+.
Gorge Walking – Scrambling, swimming, plunge pools and waterfalls. The perfect school activity day for those who want to get wet. Half day school group activity, suitable for age 8+.
Secondary School Groups
Wilderness Day – This journey encourages the team to work together using their survival and bush-craft skills. Some of the challenges will include guiding your own raft and crew, fire starting, cooking and orienteering. The Wilderness Adventure can be run as a half or full activity day. Suitable for age 12+
Forest Team Challenge – Land based team building activity involving initiative challenges both physical and mental which encourage communication, decision making and confidence building. Half day activity, suitable for age 12+.
White Water Rafting or Rafting Challenge – Journey down the River Tay participating in various physical and mental challenges, with learning along the way. This is a half day activity lasting approx 3 hours and is suitable for ages 6+
Canyoning – Descend the Canyon via cliff jumping, sliding, swimming, scrambling and more. A very energetic and adrenaline fuelled half day adventure activity perfect for secondary school groups. Suitable for age 12+
Tubing – Tackle the River Garry in your individual river tube with an optional cliff jumping session. This is a half day school activity, suitable for age 12+.
Paintball – Great land based adventure activity for school groups encouraging team work and communication. Half day activity, suitable for age 12+.
School Activity Days starting from £35pp for a half day.
What to Bring on Your School Activity Days
Water Adventure Activities
- Parental Consent Forms – Download Here
- Swim Wear
- Old Trainers
- Sun Block (in hot weather)
Land Adventure Activities
- Parental Consent Forms
- Sturdy Shoes
- Waterproof Jacket and Trousers
- Hat, Gloves and Spare Socks
- Water Bottle
Safety – All you need to know
Our primary aim is to ensure that all of our activities are fun, rewarding, but above all safe. All commercial centres offering adventure activities have to comply to strict Government legislation as set out by the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority. In addition, guidelines set out by the National Governing Bodies for each activity are strictly followed and adhered too.
Centre Recognition – Nae Limits holds an ‘Adventure Activities License’ (AALA approval). There is a requirement to have yearly inspections by the National Governing Bodies (NGB’s) and an inspection every two years by the AALA to ensure that industry standards are met. All areas of the operation are inspected with close attention given to health and safety, insurance, coaching standards, equipment quality and condition.
Centre Insurance – Nae Limits is required by law to have adequate Public Liability Insurance (copy available on request), however, we can accept no liability other than the liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence attributable to and fault of Nae Limits and its staff. Our Insurance policy does not cover against loss or damage of personal possessions. All school groups are recommended to qualify their own insurance policies for out of school excursions.
Centre Health and Safety Policy and Operating Procedures – Nae Limits is required by law to have a written document that states its Health and Safety Policy and its day to day Operating Procedures. This is checked bi monthly as part of the centre recognition process and is updated on a regular basis to reflect new industry standards and to ensure continued safe practice. All staff are required to work within the operational guidelines set down by the Operating Procedures Manual.
Centre Staff – All instruction and guiding at Nae Limits is provided by qualified instructors. All of our staff undergo ongoing in-house training and assessments to ensure that health and safety issues specific to Nae Limits are covered. All of our instructors hold qualifications in the specific adventure activity they instruct. These may include BCU, IRF, SCA, UKCG and Rescue 3 qualifications.
Buoyancy Aids, Wetsuits and Helmets – Buoyancy aids are compulsory and are provided for all participating in water activities. They are fitted by our instructors to ensure correct size and usage. Wetsuits will be provided by the centre for activities that involve regular immersion, such as canyoning and tubing, but will otherwise be at the discretion of the activity manager or senior guide on the day.
Water confidence – All participants, including adults, involved in water activities must have some water confidence, but swimming ability is not a must. Our buoyancy aids provide more than adequate floatation therefore whilst participants do not necessarily need to be good swimmers, they should be confident enough not to panic. You must, however, notify us of any non-swimmers or those under confident in the water in your school group. This does not mean non-swimmers will not be able to participate, but it may result in a change to the activity sessions that we run on your school activity day.
If you have any queries or if you wish to book please contact us email@example.com or call 01796 482600.